As the grassroots arm of the women’s movement, the National Organization for Women is dedicated to its multi-issue and multi-strategy approach to women’s rights. NOW is the largest organization of feminist activists in the United States, with hundreds of thousands of contributing members and more than 500 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
NOW is a multi-issue, multi-strategy organization that takes a holistic approach to women’s rights. Our priorities are winning economic equality and securing it with an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that will guarantee equal rights for women; championing abortion rights, reproductive freedom and other women’s health issues; opposing racism; fighting bigotry against the LGBTQIA community; and ending violence against women.
NOW strives to:
- eliminate discrimination and harassment in the workplace, schools, the justice system, and all other sectors of society;
- secure abortion, birth control and reproductive rights for all women;
- end all forms of violence against women;
- eradicate racism, sexism, and homophobia;
- promote equality and justice in our society.